Yield: 12 x 4cm round cupcakes
All ingredients in room temperature
Using 55g Omega 3&6 eggs
3 egg whites
40g fine sugar
3 egg yolks
10g fine sugar
20g coconut/vegetable oil
30g fresh milk
20g condensed milk
60 g top/cake flour
1. Line the cupcake moulds with cupcake papers.
2. Sieve top/cake flour twice. Set aside.
3. Pour fresh milk, condensed milk and coconut oil in a beaker. Set aside.
4. In a separate mixing bowl, beat egg yolk with 10g of fine sugar till pale and creamy
I prefer to use a hand whisk to using an electric hand mixer, as the latter seemed to splatter more.
5. Add in the milk mixture from (3) gradually and blend well.
6. Sieve and combine the top/cake flour in a few batches, to (5). Avoid over-mixing the flour. Cover and set aside.
7. In a separate, clean and grease-free mixing bowl, beat egg white to frothy, then starts to add 40g of sugar gradually. Beat at medium high speed till almost stiff peak stage.
Reduce the mixer speed to low in the final 1 minute. Set aside.
8. Add about 1/3 of the meringue to (6) and mix well.
9. Pour (8) back to combine with the remaining meringue. Fold to combine into a smooth batter.
10. Pour the batter into the 12 lined cupcake moulds. Rap the cake moulds against the work top to remove any trapped air bubbles.
11. Bake in a preheated oven at 150 degree Celsius for about 35 to 40 minutes, at lowest rack.
12. Remove the cakes from the moulds, and cool down over the wire rack.
13. Enjoy :)