While searching online for peach butter cake recipes, I found most of the sharings were either mousse or spongecake with cream recipes. I was delighted when I browsed through the recipe shared by Happy Home Baking. The recipe has a healthier ingredient list - using yoghurt and fruit juice instead of a butter-rich content.
I reduce the original recipe quantity by 1/3 as I prefer a smaller cake to a 7" cake. Although the cake has a healthier list of ingredients, it is still a high calorie dessert. Eating in moderation is more ideal :)
Yield: one loaf of cake
Mould size: 21Lx10Wx6.5H cm
All ingredients in room temperature
100g unsalted butter 无盐奶油
80g fine sugar 细砂糖
60g beaten egg 蛋液
2 tbsp orange juice 橙汁
2 tsp orange zest 橙皮削
130g cake flour 低筋面粉
1 tsp baking powder 泡打粉, 3g
80g Greek yoghurt* 浓优格乳
Some canned peach slices 水蜜桃片
* I replaced 10g Greek yoghurt by peach purée in my second baking.
1. Lightly coat a silicon pan with butter.
2. Mix cake flour with baking powder and set aside.
3. Rinse, pat dry, and slice the canned peach slices. Set aside.
4. Beat softened butter for about 1 minute. Add sugar in a few batches, continue to beat till light and fluffy.
If the softened butter becomes too soft or glossy, return it to the fridge to chill for 2 to 3 minutes. Over-softened butter is unable to trap air.
5. Add in beaten egg in a few batches. Mix well before each new addition.
6. Combine orange juice and zest to the batter.
7. Fold in half of the sifted flour mixture.
8. Add in the yoghurt and mix well.
9. Fold in the remaining flour mixture till well combined.
Do not over mix to prevent getting a tough texture.
10. Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan. Bang the mould a few times against the worktop to get rid of trapped air bubbles and to level the batter.
11. Arrange peach slices over the top.
12. Bake in a preheated oven set at 180 degree Celsius for about 40 to 45 minutes, or till an inserted cake tester came out clean.
Bake at middle rack.
13. Transfer the cake to a cooling rack.
14. Mix 1/2 tsp of golden syrup with 1/4 tsp of hot water.
15. Apply the golden syrup glaze over the hot cake.
16. After the cake has cooled down, cut and serve :)
My second baking with a shorter baking time of 45 minutes. So the crust colour is lighter. The previous baking time was 50 minutes and resulted in a darker crust colour and a drier cake :)
Adapted from a good recipe by the happyhomebaking.blogspot.com
with great appreciation :)