A smooth bread spread or jam by combining the taro or yam paste with the coconut cream and prepared by using a bread maker. This not-so-sweet coconut taro jam makes a good bread spread together with butter.
I have to thank my Facebook friend Jess Lim for sharing this fabulous recipe from Sharon之味 :)
Yield: 350g sweet bread spread
Appliances: Whirlpool bread maker BM1000
230~240g peeled yam 去皮芋头
200ml coconut cream or milk 浓椰浆
50g fine sugar 细砂糖
1/8 tsp salt 盐
2 blades pandan leaves 香兰叶
1. Cut peeled yam into small cubes.
2. Pour about 100ml of water into the inner pot of rice cooker. Place the bowl of yam into the inner pot and select "Ultra Quick" cook function. You can also use normal rice cooking function.
Or, steam the yam for about 20 minutes or till soft, over the stove.
3. Mash the hot yam into paste using a fork.
4. Add sugar and salt to the yam paste and mix well.
5. Place all the ingredients into a bread maker and select the "Jam" function.
During the mixing process, you may use a spatula to break up the yam paste to help the ingredients to mix well.
End of the jam cooking process.
Heat the mixture over low flame and stir regularly till it thickens to your desired consistency.
The longer the cooking time, the thicker will be the jam.
6. Remove pieces of the pandan leaf from the jam.
6. Transfer the hot jam into a sterilized container. Let the jam cool down to room temperature before storing in the fridge.
Good recipe adapted from
with deep appreciation :)