Ingredients150g cold milk
20g condensed milk
35g fine sugar
1/4 tsp fine salt
30g cold unsalted butter
25g top/cake flour
1/4 tsp beetroot powder (optional)*
When the weather is hot, we need something cold, slightly spicy, tart, and sweet to whet our appetites. Salad made with kyuri, or Japanese cucumber seems to fit the job well. It's juicy, crunchy, refreshing and goes well with most salad dressings.
This Korean spicy cucumber salad was adapted from a China website and I modified it to suit my taste - sweeter and less salty 😜
1 Japanese cucumber, about 100g
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp Korean chilli paste
1 tbsp green scallions, cut
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tsp roasted sesame seeds
2 tsp raw sugar
1 tsp lime juice/vinegar
1/2 tsp sesame oil
* All the ingredient quantities can be adjusted accordingly to your like ☺
1. Wash cucumber with vegetable wash. Cut into thin slice.
2. Marinade the cucumber slices with salt for about 30 minutes.
3. Mix the dressing ingredients into a paste. Set aside
4. Rinse the marinated cucumber slices with drinking water. Drain away the excess liquid.
5. Pour in the salad dressing from step (3), and mix well.
6. Serve cold 😀
Yummy recipe adapted from 韩式凉拌黄瓜 with great appreciation 谢谢分享 😘